We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage our clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Rosie Sweetman is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees and associates (through our contract with them) have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met. We ask that associates, wherever possible support us in achieving the goals of this policy in their working environments.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with, and exceed, all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will use minimal packaging when sending parcels.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will source energy from 100% renewable energy sources
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to. Hazardous waste such e-waste, batteries and lightbulbs will be disposed of responsibly. Where possible we will donate working electrical equipment to local charities, and dispose of other hazardous material with licensed and appropriate organisations.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles. Our target is for 80% of all business journeys to be undertaken by bike or public transport.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee, associate, and where appropriate client, awareness through sharing this policy.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues twice a year at our management meetings.
- We will involve employees and associates in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with employees and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, associates and contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local contractors and local suppliers wherever possible and aim for 70% of suppliers and contractors to be from within a 50-mile radius.